New Delhi Nature Society started from a facebook page , where pictures of nature activities with like minded people was frequently posted.
From then on, people began liking the activities, since they were always related to nature in a fun and innovative way.
Yoga in the park early mornings, to small camp-outs over the weekend, which included several workshops, then there was rock climbing, exploring nature, tree climbing etc.
The whole idea of creating NDNS is to raise awareness about nature in Delhi, since the “Mall Culture” has been devastating to our surroundings.
Connecting People With Nature
- Tree climbing workshops: Teaching people of all ages to climb trees.
- Nature walks – Green Zones: Explore beautiful green areas of Delhi.
- School and college workshops : Nature awareness programs.
- Nature workshops : Connecting with nature.
- Tree census: Counting trees to save them.
- Digital detox: Abstaining from electronic devices.
- Slack Lining : A fun test of balance and focus.
- Sound Healing : Healing with vibrations.
- Tree hugging : To get the positive energy from trees.
- Animal Rescues : Rescue Rehab Release
- Composting : Turning kitchen and garden waste to black gold.
- Fire fighting: To reduce the air pollution.
- De-choking trees : Removing cement, wires and nails from trees.
- Network with NGO’s and RWA’s : To spread nature awareness.
- Nature events and festivals: Bringing like-minded people together.
- Cool Bags: To promote use of reusable cloth bags instead of plastic bags.
- Fireflies Walk : Bioluminescence in the city.
- Liaison with govt. departments : To protect the environment.