About Verhaen Khanna
Verhaen Khanna, born and brought up in New Delhi, India. He is an artist, filmmaker, photographer, writer and pilot. He loves nature: climbing trees or rocks, vegan food and nature walks.
It all started with a Facebook Page. He uploaded pictures of nature activities and awareness. And as the time passed, more and more people showed interest and started to join-in.
He introduced few innovative and fun, nature related activities; early morning Yoga in the parks, small camp outs over the weekend, nature awareness workshops, rock climbing, tree climbing etc.
He Co-Founded New Delhi Nature Society in 2014. And has been spreading the message of reconnecting with nature, especially among children.
WHAT WE DO
- Tree climbing workshops: Teaching people of all ages to climb trees.
- Nature walks – Green Zones: Explore beautiful green areas of Delhi.
- School and college workshops: Nature awareness programs.
- Nature workshops: Connecting with nature.
- Tree census: Counting trees to save them.
- Digital detox: Abstaining from electronic devices.
- Slack Lining: A fun test of balance and focus.
- Sound Healing: Healing with vibrations.
- Tree hugging: To get the positive energy from trees.
- Animal Rescues: Rescue Rehab Release
- Composting: Turning kitchen and garden waste to black gold.
- Firefighting: To reduce the air pollution.
- De-choking trees: Removing cement, wires and nails from trees.
- Network with NGO’s and RWA’s : To spread nature awareness.
- Nature events and festivals: Bringing like-minded people together.
- Cool Bags: To promote use of reusable cloth bags instead of plastic bags.
- Fireflies Walk: Bioluminescence in the city.
- Liaison with govt. departments: To protect the environment.