Its time for elections and this is the best time to allow your decision to have a great impact.
Over the past few years we have seen an enormous widespread of environmental destruction all over the country.
Literally millions of trees have been killed and millions more in the process of being killed along with all the species of wildlife that live and feed on them. A giant chunk of the environment was sacrificed at the expense of the health and well being of millions of citizens to help business interests.
Recently India's environment has been brutally destroyed.
Mumbai Vadodra Delhi Expressway – 30,786 Trees
Dwarka Expressway – 13,690 Trees
Mumbai Nagpur Expressway – 1,00,000 Trees
Highway Widening in Goa – 3,500 Trees
Mangaluru Chitradurga Expressway – 50,000 Trees
Chennai Salem Expressways – 4,00,000 Trees
Bangalore Chennai Expressway – 1,35,000 Trees
Upper Ganga Canal Expressway – 1,00,000 Trees
Char Dham Expressway – 43,000 Trees
Karnataka Western Ghats Projects – 21,55,000 Trees
Chattisgarh Mining – 1,70,000 Hectares of Forests
3 thoughts on “Vote for Environment Protection”
Founder Green Circle
*My Green Manifesto*
If I were a candidate for elections, I, as an environment conscious citizen of India, will like to assure the following:-
1. I will ensure that no development project will be given a clearance if it suggests cutting down of trees.
2. No project, whether mining, real estate or otherwise will intrude the territories of reserved forests
3. I will ensure strict enforcement of the forest conservation norms as enshrined in the existing laws
4. All urban land owning authorities must maintain the set proportion of their land to Green areas .
5. Existing natural water bodies will not be allowed to be converted into entertainment boating areas
6. Tree felling norms will be reviewed and stringent norms will be made for identifying dead trees etc.
7. No mass scale felling will be allowed at any cost for redevelopment projects
8. *Sustainable development* definition and rules will be formed
9. Urban tree clinics will be formed to treat the affected trees to address issues such as nailing, pruning, termite infection, concretization , misuse of trees. Separate policing norms will be enacted
10. Land owning authorities will not be permitted to change the area use at any cost.
11. NGT working will be revisited and necessary changes will be made in existing laws to make it effective
12. I will focus on making the forest area to one third of the total area within next 10 years
13. Solid waste management rules 2016 would be enforced by fixing accountability and time frame for the municipal authorities
14. Working of MoEFCC, CPCB and state boards is not satisfactory and hence will be revisited
15. Encouraging Organic forming, eco friendly projects, plastic free projects , better sewerage treatment, composting incentives, e-waste recycling etc will be my priorities
Since no party is up to my expectation, my vote is for none of them (NOTA)
For dwarka expressway the count of 13690 is that NHAI asked for cutting permission, but in actual the figure is much more and is being Recounted by forest department.
Come together and do some impactful strong and sustainable work which really have excellent result.